Mental Health Information Line – 0800 567 56
South African Government: Admission to a mental health institution (Info also available in Afrikaans, isiNdebele, isiXhosa, isiZulu, Sesotho, Sesotho sa Leboa, Setswana, Siswati, Tshivenda, Xitsonga.)
Downloads: Bipolar Disorder, Fast Facts on Bipolar Disorder, Self Help for Bipolar Disorder, An Example of a Mood Chart, Instructions for using a Mood Chart.
Mental health care can be fraught with problems; if you feel that your human rights have been compromised, please report the violation/s. Hopefully it’ll assist in meeting the need for better treatment (especially in the public sector). Here’s how to do it:
- A dedicated SMS / WhatsApp line – 076 078 8722
- A landline number to call – 011 781 1852
- A dedicated email address – email@example.com
- A form that can be filled in and submitted via the SAFMH website.
- Stop Stockouts – campaign and report.
South African Bipolar Groups: East London (Eastern Cape): Colleen 0827733172
Interesting Reading – Articles Online: